Sunday, June 3, 2007

Caroline George: Wife, Athlete, and Alpinist

This afternoon while lifting weights at the North Boulder Rec Center, I looked up and saw my friend Caroline George (Caroline Ware before her marriage to Adam).

About one year ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Caroline for the first time. She was then, a guide for my current employer, the Colorado Mountain School. Since that time Caroline has continued to challenge herself on rock, snow, and ice by climbing around the world.

When I last saw Caroline and Adam in Ouray, they were all smiles while belaying and swinging their tools. This guiding duo has stopped in Boulder for a few weeks of training before heading out to Jackson Hole, WY where they will guide for Exum this summer (starting June 26th).

As the first American woman to climb the three great north faces of the Alps – The Eiger, the Matterhorn and the Walker Spur on the Grandes Jorasses, Caroline continues to be an inspiration. Her positive disposition and endless quest for interesting new lines spurs me on to keep exploring.

In a couple weeks, Caroline will be traveling to New Hampshire for a rock clinic and slide show – Click Here to get more details.